25.09.2014

Battle Festa (バトルフェスタ)

Hey people,

Time for a new article.
Sorry I didn't write one for quite some time, but I had lots of stuff to do here in uni.

This new article is going to be about something some of you might already have heard about:
The japanese Battle Festa (バトルフェスタ) which will be held this fall in the bigger japanese citys.
Maybe you've seen these cards, which people can get there:



And I am going to go for the one in Tokyo on 1st of November!!!
But to do so, I'll need some help.
I got nearly no japanese cards and haven't had a chance to test new Phantom Forces decks, yet.
So I thought I might just message the most famous japanese Pokèmon TCG player of all time, Tsuguyoshi Yamato, and ask him, if he can help me out somehow.
I got an answer right away, and he told me, he's gonna be there, too.
So far, so good.
Now I got connections, I just have to use them somehow.
So, I'm gonna see, if someone could actually lend me cards, so I could play in the Battle Festa.

But first I'll have to make my deck-choice.
There is a variety of new cards that came out in Phantom Forces, which will influence the meta.
I thought about taking an old reliable tier deck, and just update it to Phantom forces and not to think about completely new decks ideas would be the easier way to go.
So, there were two decks, that got into my further consideration:

- Fighting-Variants

- Plasma-Variants

Of the new decks, that came up the most playable for me would obviously be a Metal-Variant, because I already got most of the cards I need for that.
So these are the main three decks to go.

Next step would be considering which new cards these decks would profit from.

-Xerosic:
Since I think Xerosic is just a good card overall, decks should play it anyways. You can either discard a tool, or a special energy in play, which is espacially good against decks, that rely heavily on special energys, like Plasma, or Seismitoad.
Being able to discard energy from a benched Lugia, before it can even attack can set back the opponent for an entire turn.








-VS-Seeker:
The new name is Battle Searcher.
That is a card that is just really good late-game. Just remember how many times you played dowsing machine for a supporter. Now you can do that, even without discaring. It makes it much easier to play some one-of supporter shenanigans, like Xerosic, Lysandre, even Colress, which you can now just discard early game, to get him with VS-Seeker later.








-Battle Compressor:
And this is where we get to Battle Compressor, take 3 cards out of your deck and discard them. This could be used to get the supporter you need into your discard, or just to thin out your deck from unneeded techs.












-Team Flare Tools:
Those are some pretty deck specific cards.
Head Noiser does not help you against Yveltal EX or Mewtwo EX, but can do wonders against Seismitoad EX, Lugia EX, or Landorus EX. Making them attack a turn later can swing the entire game in your favor.
Jamming Net can help your Yveltal EX, and also Lugia EX matchup, since it makes it so much harder for them to hit those OHKOs with -20dmg and not being able to attach an Muscle Band, which is effectively -40dmg. You should decide specificaly for every deck, which one is of better use for it.

















-Substitute Robot:
Even though some people say you can play this card in your active position, whenever you want:
This is not true!!!
It is still an interesting card, that some setup decks might take advantage of. If your opponent doesn't have a way to switch out your active, he'll just end up attacking this card. And if he deosn't, you can just discard it, whenever you got set up and get rolling from there. I can even see shenanigans in decks like Donphan, or other hit-and-run decks, where they just swith into this card, if they have nothing else to swith in, and deny their opponent his prices in this way. A very interesting and versatile card, anyways.



-Lysandres Last Resort
I'll just go over this card for the sake of this card having a, not necessarily playable, but still very powerfull effect.
To shuffle both discard piles completely back into the decks.
That sounds insane.
I can't see a deck, that would burn through it's resources so fast it would need this card, but I can see some people playing this card just because.
And the Full Art looks awesome!!!

 
















So much about the cards, already existing decks can profit from.
I'd love to go into deckbuilding a little bit more, but you'll have to wait for this part until the next article.

I hope you enjoyed this article.
I'd be glad to see some feedback.


Greets from Japan,

Hannes  (hanfffff)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen