25.08.2014

First day in Japan

Hey Guys,

This is Hannes, blogging about the Pokémon TCG right from Japan.

As I heard, there are not so many sources about the meta, deck strategies, or tournament coverages from Japan, and many people would like to hear more about that stuff.
Since I've been playing the PTCG competitively for about a year now, and moved to Japan recently today, i decided it's time that someone takes onto that task and started this blog.

First i'd like to introduce myself:
My name is Hannes, I am 20 years old and currently studying International Business Management East Asia in Ludwigshafen, Germany. As part of my studies i will stay in Japan for one year, where I reside in Akita. 

I can still remember getting in touch with the PTCG for the first time. I got some Pokémon cards from a friend, one of which was this holo Hitmonchan, which still has a special place in my binder.

That lead me to years of collecting and organizing all Pokémon cards that I could get hold of. And so, a pretty big but at the same time pretty chaotic (I didn't know anything about sets, or formats) collection grew with me.

After years and years of trying to complete my card-dex I went for a trip to England as a leader of a german teenage-language-course-group. 
On the southern coast I found a small shop where my passion for Pokémon cards got new fuel to burn with a brighter flame than ever before:
I started playing the card game competitively.

After coming back to germany I looked out for a fitted Pokémon League right away, and I found one.

The people there took me as one of theirs, trained me, provided me with cards, and soon I played my first big tournament. My deck: Blastoise/KeldeoEX/BlackKyuremEX.
 

This deck accompanied me throughout the whole season, and I just couldn't let go of it.
I even played it at german nationals even though there was a pretty VirGen heavy meta at that time. In the end I finished 5-1-2 playing against 5 VirGen decks, only losing to the one, that would later win the championship.

Now I am in Japan looking forward into another great year of playing Pokémon - if I can only find a League.

These are my experiences with the Pokémon TCG so far.
I'd like to thank all the people that supported me so far, and I hope I will not dissapoint you with this Blog.

Hannes (hanfffff)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen