22.12.2014

Battle Festa Sendai

Hisashiburi (Long time no see),
I hope you haven't missed me to much.


The finals and last classes are finally over and i have time to write articles again.
This first one will be about my second Battle Festa tournament in Sendai.
It was similar to the Tokyo one but only a one-day tournament.
There were probably about 300-400 competitors and the style was the same as in Tokyo.

But let's go chronologicaly.
I went to Sendai the day before the tournament to go to the Pokémon Center. At the same time my friends got to the Pokémon Center in Sapporo. I managed to make them get me some of the cool Greninja sleeves that were sold out everywhere else.
The Center in Sendai was really nice and small and after I was finished there I took a look around the famous shopping street in Sendai.






I got to sleep a bit in the train station and because the Tournament was not in Sendai directly, but a bit out of the city, I had to take the train at 0:00. On my way to the location I got some sleep in a 24h Ramen restaurant and continued to the location at 5:00, just to be the first person there.
It was really cold and I seriously regret the decision not to get a hotel. At 6:00 the first guards came and they were nice enough to let me sit in the guard's room and give me some coffee. The first other participants arrived at 7:00 and the line quickly got longer.



The gates opened at 8:30 and we were let into the tournament area from 9:00.
I was still playing VirGen Manectric with a few changes. Here is my list:


Pokémon:
3 Genesect EX
2 Virizion EX
2 Manectric EX
2 MManectric EX
1 Tropius PLB
10

Trainers:
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
4 Skyla
1 Shadow Triad
1 Colress
2 Skyarrow Bridge
3 Ultra Ball
3 Energy Switch
3 Muscle Band
2 Tool Scrapper
1 G Booster
1 Professo's Letter
2 Enhanced Hammer
3 VS Seeker
2 Manectric Spirit Link
36

Energies:
4 Plasma Energy
2 Lightning Energy
8 Grass Energy
14

The Games were not so important for me, I just wanted to see my friends again, play some fun games and get some cards.

1. Round: vs VirGen
I had problems setting up and he overpowered me with a regular VirGen start.
loss

I restarted, so again...

1. Round: vs Empoleon
The moment I noticed he played Emoleon, I got my Manectrics going and Overran and Assault Laser'd him for the rest of the game.
win

2. Round: vs VirGen Manectric
He played pretty much my exact list, in that case whoever is faster wins.
It was not me.
loss

Restart.

1. Round: vs Yvetal
My Manectrics wrecked his Yveltals and I finally Red Signal'd a Toad for the Game.
win

2. Round: vs MHeracross
I did not expect that deck to be so strong, so I underestimated the speed and nearly got overran until I found out how to work around Big Bang Horn.
I managed to trap a Heracross EX active until I got my G Booster set up. It was really close, but she missed to N me lategame and I was able to G Booster a MHeracross EX twice.
win

Second Stage
1. Round: vs Toad/Ho-Oh/Crobat
I was able to KO his Toads, but I was not fast enough and one turn before I could take my last to prices he got heads on his Ho-Oh, a Lysandre and could KO my Genesect.
loss

Since the time was called after this battle, that was as far as I could get. I am glad, that I got to second stage again to get my Robo Substitute.
There were far less competitors than in Tokyo and I had time, so I actually could play enough Minigames and rounds of free Battles to get enough points for the Absol Promos.
I won all of the free Battle rounds, which gave me at least a bit of my pride back.
Later, I found some more Pikachu Promos and made my way home after I could finally give my friend the cards he wanted for the Virizions and Genesects.





It was a lot of fun and I made many new friends.
It was tiring and I was glad to be back home, but it was a great weekend.



















I hope the next Tournament report will be more insightful and longer.
This time, my memory is just a bit blurry but I hope you enjoyed reading it.

The next article will be up soon. It will be about my weekend at the opening of the new Pokémon Center Mega Tokyo.

Until then,
good luck with your City Championships and you all get your invite!

Greets from Japan,

Hannes (hanfffff)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen